Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Dark Parable: Dream of Eroticized Eunuch

I dreamed of my friend Jim. Luke and I were driving and I hear luke call out, "Hi Jim!"
So we stop and there's a pubic bath and Jim is there. The public shower sis like two stalls. there's a mom and her little girl in ione and jim in the other. We can see the face of the people in the stalls but not their bodies because they're covered lower down. But Jim opens the door of his stall and comes out which is somewhat indecent and he starts talking to us as he stands there naked. But he has had his genitalia surgically removed
so he thinks he's asexual now. But there was something sick and kinky about this de-sexualization. The way some Roman Catholic priests eroticize their celibacy. So my friend Jim had no balls, no penis and he was vrey proud of this removal of his "flesh" and yet there was this pride

It was as if he was fleshless now, sinless now... as if sin was in the flesh. But sin was in his spirit even with his penis removed. It was very bothersome talking to him because he was so smug. and i was like...so disgusted at that self-delusion


It connected with the book of romans that hubby and I have been reading. We humans do "will worship" and think that cutting off the flesh ---literally-- or the sex organs is a kind of holiness. But it's not really. I mean in the dream he was standing there penis-less looking like he had a shaved vagina and he was exulting in being a sex object without really acknowledging that was what he was doing. If I had told him he had just made himself an erotic figure by removing his genitals and that he was delighting in that, he wouldn't have gotten what I meant.

No comments:

Blog Archive