Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Hip-Hop Sexism and Racism Denunciation

Well, this is gonna be hard...cause i really do like rap. And rock and roll. But I'm not liking what it's doing to black youth. So here goes:

I hereby solemnly declare that I will no longer watch or llisten to musicians, videos, movies, or comedians who use the word

"hoe", s***, w**** when discussint women.

I also solemnly declare that I will no longer listen or watch any performer who uses the N-word or who does rap songs encouraging shallow mercenary values and Black-on-Black violence.

I believe that artists and performers are free to speak their own minds. I'm not against free speech. But honestly, I wish there are folks who were a bit more responsible in their speech to kids because most kids are pretty undiscerning.

I am tired of seeing kids kill each other over sneakers, bling, etc.

1 comment:

chrisd said...

Personally I don't like that particular kind of music. That's just me, but I'm not against it. It's music.

HOWEVER, I cannot STAND anyone who degrades women. I hate that. And it really burns me that women put up with being called names like that.

UGH

2 steps forward 1 step back, I suppose. It puts the women's movement backwards, in my opinion. Oh, I could go on and on; but anyway, it must be a hard decision, Carole. Good for you.

Blog Archive