Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Rissi Palmer: another black milestone

just discovered Rissi Palmer a Black Female Country Singer. YAY!!!!!! Yep, I'm happy. Know what it's like watching country music videos on television? Those cowboys defining country girls (and also defining beauty) as blonde-haired and blue-haired? Go, Rissi! Continue to be brave! All we black women out there want to see a gorgeous black woman on country television.

Check out her video Country Girl?

And her interview about performing at the Grand Old Opry

3 comments:

Constance Burris said...

OHMYGOSH. I wish i had sound on my computer to hear it.

Tia Nevitt said...

I listened and I loved it. I haven't listened to Country in a while. One of the comments said that she did a Patsy Cline song; I hope they play it on the radio.

Carole McDonnell said...

me too! I wish her luck. I love milestones. -C

Blog Archive