Friday, May 09, 2008

Clive Staples Nominations 2008

Okay, some Christian speculative writer web-pals of mine are trying to create an award for Christian worldview fiction. Hey, I think it would be good. If you know of any Christian speculative fiction book --especially one written by a minority, please nominate it.

The works that are eligible are Christian worldview science fiction/ fantasy/allegory/furturistic/supernatural novels published in English by a royalty paying press between January 2007 and December 2007.
http://rebeccaluellamiller.wordpress.com/clive-staples-nominations-2008/
So far the nominees are:
Auralia’s Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet (WaterBrook)
Demon: A Memoir by Tosca Lee (NavPress)
DragonFire by Donita K. Paul (Waterbrook)
Father of Dragons by L.B. Graham (P&R)
Fearless by Robin Parrish (Bethany House)
Flashpoint by Frank Creed (The Writers Cafe Press)
Isle of Swords by Wayne Thomas Batson (Thomas Nelson)
Landon Snow and the Volucer Dragon by Randy Mortenson (Barbour)
The Legend of the Firefish by George Bryan Polivka (Harvest House)
The Restorer by Sharon Hinck (NavPress)
The Restorer’s Son by Sharon Hinck (NavPress)
Scarlet by Stephen Lawhead (Thomas Nelson)
A Wine Red Silence by George L. Duncan (Capstone Fiction)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I second that Wind Follower was pretty good!
If Wind Follower isn't know, then maybe it should be!

Carole McDonnell said...

Hi lisa!

Thanks!

Just was over at your blog. Love your writing, woman! -C

Lisa said...

Hi Carole, I just saw your post on my blog.
While you were writing on my blog, I was putting in a second to the nomination for Wind Follower. It deserves it and I hope it is added to the list.

Did you read Into This Mind? Curious since you said that you loved my writing. In any case, Flower Wars, as you can tell from the first paragraph, won't be so light and hence it might feel like an different author wrote it. And thanks for the compliment! It means a lot to me coming from the author of Wind Follower.

Carole McDonnell said...

Thanks for the nomination! I really appreciate it. Although sometimes I think I am way too race-minded. My poor husband! I just think race and culture is sooo important...and that the christian world has got to widen its gaze.

YEs, I'm reading your book. I'm only at page 18 though because I'm trying to finish up some other reviews. So it's one of the books at my right here. -C

Blog Archive