Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shout out to Mattilda


I SO believe in honesty. There's a verse in the Bible: an true witness delivers souls. In the Black community, in the Christian community, there is often a great deal of mendacity. Which I suppose is understandable. There is this need to be seen as good, sane, etc. But then ...if we aren't careful, those in need of an honest conversation will have no one to talk to. And those who try to be honest will be slammed by those who prefer the lie. My writing is pretty honest. Especially my online writing. www.carolemcdonnell.blogspot.com

My favorite writers are also honest folks too. Perhaps too honest for their own good, but they have an honesty that is brave. And I like bravery. So, am gonna give a shout-out to an ebuddy, Mattilda who is the editor of Nobody Passes: Rejecting the Rules of Gender and Conformity published by Seal Press. He is also the blogger over at www.nobodypasses.blogspot.com

Okay, yeah, I'm a Christian and theologically I know homosexuality is not the best God has for folks. But most of my good friends have been gay and so, I'm leaving all judgement of folks to God.

So this was part of his latest email:

My new novel, So Many Ways to Sleep Badly, will be out in October!!!!!
City Lights is publishing it, and I will be touring October through December, and February as well – let me know if you want to bring me to your town or university... Also, I'll need all the help I can get, so certainly contact me if you'd like to review the book, that would be lovely!

Nobody Passes is a finalist for a Lambda Literary Award – the decisions will be made at the ceremony in LA at the end of May…

The expanded second edition of That's Revolting! Queer Strategies for Resisting Assimilation is finally out! There will be a delicious San Francisco book launch on June 5 at the Main Library -- info below…


The guy has fibro, by the way...and amazes me by his absolute tirelessnes.

No comments:

Blog Archive