Friday, January 16, 2009

another pixellated crush

I so love the idea of princes and heroes and hero-princes. The nobility, the tragicness, the kick-butt power! Yeah, I'm one of those fan girls who is in love with Noct and is all set to get swallowed up in Final Fantasy Xiii Versus. Dang! I can't think of a good Christian prince in fantasy literature. Prince Caspian doesn't cut it for me. Perhaps because tragedy is sexy and Caspian doesn't really drip that sexiness. Oh well, Playstation 3! My son's got one in the house somewhere. Don't know if he'll knock Cloud Strife off the pedestal but hey, he's won my heart!

2 comments:

L.C. Gant said...

I love the concept of the tragic hero prince, too. There's something so mysterious and attractive about a powerful man who is still dark and brooding.

Do you watch much Japanese anime? The tragic prince is a VERY common role; almost every title in the genre has one. Vamprire Knight and Code Geass do it especially well.

And you're right about there being few good Christian princes in fantasy literature. Perhaps we'll have to change that ;-) Oh, and check out Final Fantasy Advent Children if you haven't seen it already!

Carole McDonnell said...

That's where i first fell in love with Cloud Strife...Advent Children is my favorite! -C

Blog Archive