Saturday, January 31, 2009

Unused Childhood and curiouser and curiouser

Well, today, I'm feeling somewhat healthy. So am gonna use the time wisely. I've decided to gather up all younger son's unused stuff. That means all the cartoon VHS tapes he was supposed to use to learn, all the chapter books he was supposed to have read, all the plastic legos and games he was supposed to have learned to play with.

The way I see it is this: Let's say we get a miracle and younger son is miraculously healed, then I want him totally healed to the point where he can actually read the New York Times. Hey, if God is able to do a miracle to help heal a child diagnosed with non-verbal autism and allergies, he might as well go the whole yard and heal the kid. He's 18 now, will be 19 on the 17th. Why keep these toys and stuff around? Might as well empty the house of those old dreams and old wishes and prepare for new ones.

Now, on to odd stuff.
Yesterday morning I woke up with the Bible verse "Tell them I Am sent you, because I have seen their trials and heard their cries." I remember that as being from Moses conversation with God in the desert. I
haven't read that section in the Bible in at least six months. So it was weird that Holy Spirit chose to speak to me through that verse. I feel He brought this verse to my spirit to encourage me, but it might have to do with my purpose in life. Maybe I am to tell people that. That is the most important thing people need to know: "You God see me" and "You have heard my sorrows and you are helping me in my distress."

Then upping the oddness factor, yet another person has yet another dream about me. This one is from an internet Christian friend named Erica:

She writes:
In dream, you had things in my home, like tv sets, couches and they were full of colors, like from Africa! Full of reds, greens, and yellows. You came in a dress flowing with colors and we sat and talked. Couldn't really hear all the words, but the place was huge and it looked nice and I was glad to see you!

Okay, yet another lovely dream. Yeah, but what does it mean? Maybe it connects to the horse dream...and my family life will be betting better. Or maybe I'll be dying and going to heaven soon and he's comforting my friends? Whatever it is, it's kinda weird. This is like the sixth or seventh dream in the past year and a half where folks see me in bright colors or in a white robe or dancing with butterflies or sitting on a porch on a sunset. Some of these folks are folks I do not even talk to on a regular basis. I mean, a couple of weeks ago just as I was opening an email from a friend in Africa, no less. THE VERY MINUTE! I get a phone call from my gyno who is retired and who lives way in another county. And what does she say in that hard to comprehend Spanish accent of hers? "Carole, I had a dream about you this morning at 4 am. Is everything okay with you? I felt I should call."

I definitely feel I'm being told something. But what? To hope. Perhaps it's enough to heal the heart, to make me know that God is making others aware of me. Okay, I'm no stranger to flaky supernatural happenings so I'm just going to assume that God must be doing something...but does He realize He's creeping me out.


-C

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol... I thought I would offer a few thoughts on some of the dreams you mentioned.

First of all, when the Lord spoke His word into your heart this morning, I believe He is talking about His nature, character and all that He is. "I AM", such powerful words. Who is He? He is the creator of heaven and earth, and all that is in it. He is holiness, righteousness and Truth. If He is sending you somewhere, He is sending you in all that comprises the "I AM", which is to say Himself.

When I say 'sending you somewhere', I never presume it has to be a geographical place necessarily. It can be a place in your walk, that He is leading you to... a higher realm or level in your transformation, in Him. Through your trials and tribulations that you have endured, you will have a message of hope and faith for others who are crying out to the Great I AM, because these ones are having trouble, in their distress, hearing Him for themselves. I have not met you, but I can picture you as a woman of strength and strong character.

The dream your friend had, is interesting in that you previously spoke of wearing clothing, somebody elses. This time, you were wearing a dress of colours.

Let me suggest, that there is again a symbolistic message in dreams. God speaks in symbolisms all through His word. Think parables. Think, the Word is the Sword, The Body is the temple etc...

So, in light of that, we can see a message in your friend's dream. Colours. Household goods (TV, couch), Africa etc.

I remind you of Joseph. He wore a coat of many colours. Interesting that Joseph could interpret dreams and visions. He also had dreams. He understood God's symbolic language, and God's heart.

The multi-colours of His tunic represents the multi-names/character of God. He clothed Himself in God's nature/character (the I AM), in Who God is. It was a sign of His favour in Abba's eyes. Joseph was blessed, through his endurance of trials and tribulations, which he endured for Yahweh's (the Words) sake. He was eventually appointed as governor over the storehouse of supplies (grain, used to make bread (the Word).

You are dressed in the colours of His nature/character (The I AM). And maybe you are not 'there' yet, but He is encouraging you to push on, seek His face, seek to be transformed into the nature and character of Christ, through the power of His Spirit and His Word.

Think also the rainbow. Colours forming an arch over the world. Colours of His covenantal promises. (His promises are His Word which is His nature/character etc). Everything in God, confirms itself again and again. There are no loose ends, it all ties in together. Exciting hey!

Not sure about the t.v. and lounge. Only one thing comes to mind, as it was colourful too. These are items of furniture. Furniture is found in a house. YOU are the house/temple of God. Transformation comes from within. Furnish your house (your inner man), with the things of God, His nature etc. Consecrate all you see, watch, do... and don't compromise with the things of this world. That is all I can make of this part.

Africa. Is that where you come from, or your ancestors? This could be the land of your inheritance, in the spiritual sense.

The colours mentioned could hold a key also. I looked up a trusty 'interpreting symbols and types' bible reference.

Red: symbol of suffering, sacrifice or sin.

Red is also symbolic of the dust of the earth... what Adam was made from, the adamic or carnal nature of man. This adamic nature ties in with the above means, because it led to suffering, sin and the need for a sacrifice.

Green: is a good colour. It is symbolic of prosperity, growth, life. How cool is that?

Yellow: symbolic of renewal and hope.

Africa and her colours are a story of brokenness, renewal, prosperity and hope. And the best place is in the spiritual lives of her people. (my intrepretation anyway).

So, mull it over and see if God confirms any of my thoughts about the dreams, to you.

Blessings to you dear sister :)

ps. sorry for the long comment!

Anonymous said...

Also, a very important apsect...

Joseph's position in God became known after famine had been in the land, to the point that people were starving. He was positioned in Egypt. We know that Egypt is symbolic of the world, where people limit God. (Egypt the word, means to limit God).

He distributed grain to his starving brothers, people who came to him. He was in the world, but not of the world. He gave the staple diet of grain (bread = the Word), to His suffering brothers. I think you will agree that there is a huge famine of the true Bread of God in the world and Church today. The Church being the members of our household ie brothers and sisters.

God could be grooming you with the truth of His Word, His truth to feed to those in the wilderness (where there is famine and hunger).

Stay close to Him. Dedicate yourself afresh to Him, and seek after His face. Ask Him to consume your life, and give all that you are, unto His hand, His purposes, and His plans.

bless ya heaps on your journey,
Amanda

ps. is there a link to your horse dream. Horses are very important you know?!! Symbolically, of course, lol...

Carole McDonnell said...

Ah, woman!!! You are soooo goood!!! God's wisdom for dream interpretation definitely lives in you. Thank you so much. Gonna copy all this into my dream journal.

I really appreciate this.

The horse dream was another joseph type dream. In that dream a large horse ate a small horse. That was a dream I had. It remind a dream interpreting friend of the seven years of plenty eating up the previous years of smallness.

Wow, I better go study the Joseph story, uh? Since it keeps coming up. God keeps showing me Deuteronomy where he says "I am sending you into the good land, don't forget me when you're there."

Thanks so much. -C
-C

Blog Archive