Monday, March 30, 2009

Dark Parable: Once and once again

I dreamed Jesus came to those who were going to be saved -- either by the rapture or in judgment. Then he came back again and looked over the ones who had been saved. Then he trimmed the group down further. I was so nervous because he was winnowing people out.

I'm not really a once saved always saved kinda person but this was scary. Then the lord reminded me that many of the parables of judgment begin with folks already IN the kingdom. The man to whom the traveling lord gave one talent was already in the kingdom. The five foolish virgins were already in the bridal party.

I got to thinking how it will feel watching the great throne judgment. We'll watch as great televangelists we respect, folks who perhaps will have lived scandal-free lives. They'll go up to the throne. And Jesus will say, "I never knew you." What will such folks as you and I think? What chance will we have after seeing those folks? Just hoping I know my lord.

-C

No comments:

Blog Archive