Monday, July 07, 2008

The Lover, The Beloved

Okay, so am working on my novels -- which are totally about romance..and I realize I am more focused on the male object of desire than in the female who is doing the desiring. Oh sure, I look at the POV of the male's desiring...what he sees when he sees the woman...but I'm totally into understand what makes men tick when they fall in love.

Perhaps I should care about why women fall in love. Maybe I think I know all about it (or at least maybe I think I know why I would fall in love with some guy) but maybe I am not as knowledgeable about it as I think I am.

I'll have to ponder that one of these days. In the meantime, though, all that's in my mind is the male Beloved.... and why he loves. Does he love because the girl is kind (as in Wind Follower)? Because he is using marriage as a tool to get something else (as in Constant Tower)? Does he love the Beloved immediately? Does he love the Beloved because she "grows on him"? Will see.

No comments:

Blog Archive