Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dark Parable: Boy-Faced Lion

So there I was awake for the 8th night in a row. Luckily I had an hour or so of sleep.

I dreamed my older son -- who loooooves pets-- brought a lion in the house which had the face of a boy. It was very disturbing to look at this creature, although it was cute and harmless. I didn't know what weird sex act or genetic experiment had created the creature and I didn't want it in the house but my son had such pity for it that he forced it on us. I pitied it too but when I looked at it I was so sorry for what the human part of the creature might be feeling and so fearful and unsure of the lion part of the creature's nature...I just avoided it.

Then older son did something for my hubby and hubby was so proud of older son he said he could have anything he want. And what does older son do? He brings another of these creatures into the house! Much to my distress. But this one was older and bigger.

Something happened and my older got annoyed and threw a knife at either one of the creatures or someone else in the house. The older creature noticed how we reacted to the knife, picked it up, studied it and gently slid its finger along the knife's edge. I could see that it was learning what was harmful and how it could harm with a knife. It gave me the willies to think that it was studying us and learning. What, I thought, will this creature turn out to be?

I walked out of the house to my neighbor's house. Her name is Ruby and she is very sweet, kind, and generous. A real salt of the earth person. She said to me, "Oh, So-and-so died. And I'm taking these potatoes from her house." She had a bag of potatoes in her hand, and behind her in the dark of the house of her dead friend I could see a ton of potatoes.

Heaven knows what this means! I said to hubby. Lion with a boy's face. Wolf in sheep's clothing? Boy-faced lion? bold faced lying? Who knows?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carole, what do you eat before you go to bed? LOL... it's either the food or God is really giving your some profound messages via your dreams!

I am not sure of the whole meaning of the dream. But a few things come to mind:

Remember Revelations 4:7? That came to mind. You have 2 out of the 4 represented living creatures that are around the Throne. They say: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!"

Like you, these creatures do not rest day or night. This is all they say.

You boy brought home this lion/human creature. The calf (ox) and the eagle may show up in some other way, in another dream? Who knows.

Also, Jesus was fully God and fully man. And, most excitingly, He is the Lion of the tribe of Judah. Judah means 'praise' (and a whole lot more can be added here but not necessary for this dream).

The knife in the dream. The lion was testing it's sharpness, and was interested in your reaction to it.

May I direct you to one of my favourite scriptures. Heb 4:12 The word is living and powerful and sharper than a 2-edged sword. Was the Lord's creature seeing if your Word is sharp within you? Was He seeing how you react to something that looks like a weapon that is being used against you?

The Word needs to be handled by the Father's of the faith, not children. You boy, in the dream, could represent inadequate and dangerous use of the Word. And using it to harm you, against you, to frighten you.

I'm not saying that your boy is a problem, but that he is symbolic of those who do so, as he represents someone young (not necessarily in the natural, but the spiritual).

Also, you had a dislike and fear towards this creature, but at the same time you were curious and tender towards it.

God's Word can be fearful and tender. But His Spirit must accompany the delivery of it, or we get it all wrong.

I believe this is a very powerful dream. The older and bigger lion/man? I am not sure of the significance there. Except that it may be an indication of the 2nd coming of Christ. First He came as a baby, next time we will see Him come back in 'bigger' form, fully matured in Eternal glory.

So, I am not sure what exactly God is saying to you Carole, but I am sure you will get direction and understanding from God when He reveals more to you. Ask Him to 'please explain', lol...

Wow, the more I think on your dream, the more powerful it becomes. Keep us posted on those profound dreams of yours.

Carole McDonnell said...

Hi Amanda!

Wow, you're good. My dream group is still struggling with this one.

The Lord told me once that this is the dreaming generation and because of this the devil is attacking sleep. I have some very weird ones, definitely. But not as intense as the ones I used to have when I actually slept! Sometimes they are pretty clear: Jesus telling me something very clear, or giving me a promise to hold on, or showing me a demon planning stuff. But sometimes it's like... "Excuse me, Lord! What the heck is going on here?"

That boy is probably me. I'm really trying to grow in holiness and self-control...but alas!

Thanks so much for this interpretation. This really helps me. -C

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you have a dream group, Whew! Dreams never have anything to do with what we eat before bedtime. This is a very serious time of God talking to us and showing us things when we are free of ourselves, in sleep. And yes this is the dreaming and vision receiving generation.

I've left so many comments on your page today. I am fired up! I hope you're able to see them and they show up. I'm fired up because the Holy Spirit is revealing to me some immediate things I am to do, after I've felt kinda useless for some weeks. Why can't we just relax, when he gives us time out.
Love,
Princess Ayo

Carole McDonnell said...

Ayo!
Praise God for the holy spirit! Yes, he's definitely revealing a lot. And these are very strange days, these last days. -C

Blog Archive