Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why I love Warriors

Okay, more and more it's getting apparent that I really love warriors. Of course women have always loved warriors. And maybe men love warriors too but never really explored women warriors.

The thing is in real life it's hard to find a warrior -- especially a warrior who fights by the rules. And I suspect the reason so many women love warriors in fantasy books is that honestly sometimes we're not married to a warrior.

My hubby is a sweetie. He's a bit of a warrior because he's still with me I suppose even after all the illnesses. But he's way too laid-back to be a warrior. He's way too stoical to be a warrior. He's too prone to get into a silence than to use songs to battle the foe. A warrior is someone who gets p*ssed about stuff after a while and gets angry. A true kind of anger in which he's angry at the devil, the world, but not the flesh because he knows what's what. But things have to get really bad for my hubby to even get flustered.

I'll admit I get annoyed at this. But the same easy-going kindness that enabled him to endure me and allows me to get away with a whole lotta crap is the same easygoingness that makes him not much of a fight. How do I get this guy to see the difference and to learn to fight the good fight? When one is in a spiritual battle and under spiritual attacks, one wants a true warrior at one's side. Oh, well, back to my literary warriors (I love these boys I've created!) And back to my spiritual warriors (Been listening to some sermons by William Branham.) And in the meantime, am fighting the good fight for the entire family. -C

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often console myself with this Carole: "God has given me just what I need in joining me with my husband"... I say this with a seriousness, and with a chuckle, because I do relate to you on this one, even though it is not exactly the same situation with my husband... but with other frustrating traits ;)

Carole McDonnell said...

Hi Amanda:

Ah, this marriage thing! I heard a great sermon from Canon Jim Glennon of Australia about affirming that since my husband and I are one in flesh and one in Christ that the best of what is in my husband is in me and vice versa. I really should affirm this...but sometimes one just wants to shake these guys. -C

Anonymous said...

shake them? Send them on their way, more like it!! lol... I jest... sort of. I think that is why God always has me with little money. That way I can't fly away when he frustrates me to bits, lol.

Aaargggh... but I DO love him ;)

Blog Archive